My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://grillinfools.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Spiral Sliced and Stuffed Pork Loin





I didn't want to do two loins in a row, but I found this when I was digging through some old pics.

I took a pork loin, marinaded it in Andria's, garlic, red wine and black pepper. Then I rinsed off the marinade the following day and spiral sliced the loin until it laid flat.



Basically keep the slice about 1 inch thick and keep rotating the meat forming a spiral. Eventually the loin will lay flat like this:



Once the meat is laid flat, I covered the loin with slices of sandwich size pepperoni.



After that I made up a mixture of white cheddar, grated asiago, a little cream cheese, minced garlic and onion, and black pepper and spread that over the pepperoni.



Then I tied it all up with cooking twine. Don't tie too tight. Allow some room for the cheese to expand when it gets good and hot.



I put it on the smoker at about 200-225. It was a cold and windy night so keeping the temp up was a little tough.

2.5 hours in with some of the extra pepperoni on top to baste and to eat once it gets crispy. I'll tell you that smoked pepperoni was amazing. There is a fatty on the upper grill rack



You can see that the cheese is oozing out a bit and is getting close to being done. In the future I recommend putting a sheet of tin foil underneath after about an hour to keep the cheese from falling through the grill grate. There is just no way to keep the cheese from oozing out of this thing.

It was done about 3.5 hours in, but the wife was getting a little chatty with her mom inside and forgot to put the macaroni in. I pushed it off to the side to keep warm for another 30 minutes.

I let it rest for about 10 minutes. If I hadn't spiral sliced it I would've let it rest longer. Here it is resting along with the fatty I did as well.



Sliced and plated

2 comments:

  1. Loving these posts! Nice knife there. I bought my first Shun about a year ago and I can't live without it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...

    Thanks for the advice to our mutual friend who helped me get this up and running...

    As for the Shun, I have 5 now, the Chef, Santoku, Utility, Tomato and Paring. LOVE the knives. They aren't cheap but they are the best out there and I am quite proud of them as can be seen in a number of my posts!?!?!

    ReplyDelete